Former AWA Tag Champion Doug Somers dead at age 65
Posted: May 16th 2017 By: ProWrestling.net
Doug Somerson, who wrestled as “Pretty Boy” Doug Somers, has died at the age of 65, according to Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com. The cause of death is unknown as of this update.
Powell’s POV: Somers had a successful run as the AWA Tag Champions with Buddy Rose and with Sheri Martel as their manager. Their program with “The Midnight Rockers” Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty was one of the highlights of the defunct territory’s later years. In more recent years, Somers filed a lawsuit against WWE over his likeness and image from AWA footage being used without his consent, but the court eventually sided with WWE. My condolences to his family and friends.
Jeff Jarrett to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2018
Four-time WCW World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett is the latest inductee announced for the WWE H... Read More
- Rumors and reports of Jeff Jarrett going into WWE Hall of Fame surface
- Tulsa judge marries dozens of couples on Valentine's Day
- New Witness? Man Claims to Have Seen "Boys on the Tracks" Murders
- Ric Flair calls out Ronda Rousey: fight my daughter!
NEWS With the new Andre the Giant HBO documentary premiering on April 10th, just two days after WrestleMania 34, [url=http://www.pwinsider.com]PWInsider.... Read More
WWE legend Jim Ross on Royal Rumble, the Eagles, the success of his book, and more
In what will prove to be one of the most electric weekends of the year in the city of Ph... Read More
- Tim Storm: The Shindigmusic Interview
- Tim Storm: NWA’s Top Man
- NWA Champion Tim Storm on Working With Billy Corgan, Future of the Company
- Ric Flair Ain't Dead Yet
Why didn't you vote in the Oklafan Year End Polls?