Wrestler Tom Jones passes away after suffering from dementia
Posted: Mar 5th 2017 By: Dave Meltzer - F4WOnline.com
Tom Jones, a star in a number of territories during the 70s and 80s, passed away yesterday. We don't have details available past he had serious health problems for years and had been suffering from dementia.
Jones wrestled regularly from 1965 to 1988. He was probably best known in the Leroy McGuirk territory, where he formed a championship tag team with Billy "Red Lyons" in 1971 and 1972. He also held championships in the Amarillo territory under a mask as The Gladiator, in Georgia, California, the Pacific Northwest, Florida, Alabama, and for Southwest Championship Wrestling.
He worked frequently as part of a tag team, known for his hot tags, with partners like Lyons, Mando Guerrero, Mr. Wrestling (Gordon Nelson), and S.D. Jones (who were often billed as the Jones Boys).
In the latter part of his career, he wrestled under a mask as Mr. Ebony, part of Devastation Incorporated, managed by Skandor Akbar, often wrestling against the Von Erich brothers.
He trained a number of wrestlers in Texas and Oklahoma.
Pro-Wrestling Legend Shakes Off Family Tragedy to Stage One Last Fight in Israel
Kevin Von Erich, the sole survivor of a legendary wrestling family, returns to Tel Aviv... Read More
- Storm Warning
- 'Rage Megashow' wrestling event bring Israel into the ring
- NWL Moves Forward in 2017 with a New Direction
- AJ Styles finally earns the respect of his father, Joey
JR's Blog: New, JR's Blog, @MaeYoungClassic, @davemeltzerWON on Ross Report, @WrestlingMuseum Waterloo, Kurt's New Son, Strowman!, RINGSIDE Shows Approach
... Read More
- The Scoop
- The Scoop
- The Scoop
- JR's Blog: RINGSIDE NYC, @MaeYoungClassic, #UFCOKC, HUGE Week for @AXSTV/NJPW, @WWEDanielBryan, @TheJimCornette on new, Ross Report Podcast!!
Jinder Mahal dreams of bringing WWE championship belt to India
Yuvraj Singh Dhesi, otherwise known as Jinder Mahal, nephew of Gama Singh, is the current WWE champion. The ... Read More
- 'GLOW' Fight Coordinator Chavo Guerrero Jr. on Getting Wrestling Right
- ‘To be a WWE superstar, you’ve to constantly evolve’
- Q&A: IMPACT Wrestling Hall of Famer Gail Kim
- Ask A Worker: Riker
Why didn't you vote in the Oklafan Year End Polls?