JR's Blog: SlobberKnocker on Fire!, Chicago & Pittsburgh appearances This week, Pro Wrestling Tees in Store Wed Nite, AJ/ Balor Steal TLC, @AdamCarollaShow
Posted: Oct 25th 2017 By: Jim Ross
Hello again everyone and welcome to the world's loneliest website. Thanks for paying us a visit during these crazy, busy days for yours truly. Here we go...
Big week for our book 'SlobberKnocker: My Life in Wrestling' as we will be doing book signings in Chicago and Pittsburgh, Tuesday/Wednesday in Chicagoland and in Monroeville, PA on Thursday. All the details for all the appearance this week are here on the home page.
Tuesday at 7 pm, I will be at the Barnes and Noble store in Skokie, Illinois and then the new, Pro Wrestling Tees retail shop in Chicago at 6 on Wednesday. Thursday night at 6 pm it's the Barnes and Noble store in Monroeville, Pa near Pittsburgh.
Be sure and bring your cameras.
Remember that you can order the audio version of SlobberKnocker via Audible.com and at Amazon. The feedback on the audio book and the EBook has been amazing. Thanks.
Really happy to be able to visit my friends at Pro Wrestling Tees in Chicago and do our signing there at their new, retail venue. Ryan Barkin is a terrific entrepreneur and his team kicks ass every day in their ever growing business. Wresting fans doing good!
Enjoyed watching WWE TLC on the WWE Network from my home in Norman. The last two bouts were, as they were designed to be, the proper show closers. AJ vs The Demon was the best match of the night and one that I am somewhat sure that we will see again some day as it's simply too good to not feature again when it can receive a more structured and timely creative build.
Loved Mickie James performance and effort at TLC. She's a pro's pro and made Alexa Bliss a bigger star with their presentation Sunday night.
Even though the match was 'creatively cold' the two talented men made their own story within their match by simply trying to beat their opponent. Simple, right? Even in 'show biz fighting' the participants main goal should always be to 'win,' bottom line. That's really always the story in any athletic contest, whether it be show biz or main stream sports.
"You play to win the game," Coach Herm Edwards has been quoted as saying.
I'll share plenty more thoughts on TLC on this week's Ross Report where I will also interview Rory Karpf who is the Executive Producer for the Ric Flair 30 for 30 that premiers Nov 7 on @ESPN. Should be an informative and interesting convo.
A new Ross Report Podcast drops every Tuesday night at 9 PM ET/6 PM PT and you will never miss an episode if you subscribe for FREE at Apple Podcasts. We appreciate your support as we will record our 193rd show this week.
Excited to hop onto the bodacious, Adam Corolla Podcast this week. Check it out. Drops Tuesday.
From the rumor mill, IF Rollins/Ambrose face the Usos at Survivor Series in Houston NOV 19, I fully expect that match to blow most of the card away no matter what else is booked. You heard it here first. Those two teams have the ability to re-create the tag team scene in WWE and make tag team wrestling as in vouge as WWE has done with the women grapplers.
Based on what I have heard the Survivor Series card is going to be loaded with RAW vs SDLIve bouts that should facilitate the talents to have some fresh bouts with new people which always seems to make things better. I will be in town that weekend as we have a book signing in Houston Friday night November 17 at the Barnes and Noble at 5303 FM 1960 West, in Houston 77069.
If you are going to be in Boston in December specifically the weekend of Dec 16-17, make plans to join Jeremy Borash and me at Laugh Boston on Saturday afternoon December 16 for a 3 pm show. Tickets are on sale at www.laughboston.com. WWE in Boston the next day for PPV.
Been getting many inquires about our RINGSIDE Show coming to WM in NOLA in 2018, and our plan at this time is to continue our Wrestlemania tradition if we are able to find a suitable venue. Stay tuned.
Remember that if you purchase JR's products from Ingles Markets throughout the southeast USA that a portion of every product sold goes to Headlock on Hunger.
I previewed the upcoming Ric Flair 30 for 30 that premiers on ESPN on Nov 7 as I have mentioned and it is extremely sobering and left me feeing somewhat conflicted. It's a raw, look at the life of the greatest pro wrestler that I ever saw who, like many of us, is far from perfect.
Enjoyed being on the @ColinCowherd show last week in LA @FoxSports and he could not have been nicer. Colin was a wresting fan many moons ago while growing up on the pacific northwest which likely meant he spent many hours watching Don Owens wrestling product.
We have listed our upcoming appearances on the homepage. Book mark us and know that we thank you.
Troubling to hear that Impact Wrestling has severed ties with co-founder Jeff Jarrett within the past few hours. Jeff had taken a leave of absence, which generally isn't a good news sort of thing, and then was permanently separated from Anthem the now parent company of Impact wrestling. I am pulling for Impact, their talents and personnel in a big way but as long as they have a weak USA TV clearance, any success that they may have in the future likely will be limited. If they can create some new stars and produce solid TV shows, who knows in this wacky world of TV with so many options for a company to utilize including digital.
In the meanwhile, I hope that Jeff Jarrett resurfaces as he's expected to do. Jeff is a wrestling lifer, like me, and this is what he loves and knows best. Regarding any other issues that may or may not be prevalent, I can only hope that all these issues are remedied in a timely manner for Jeff and all involved.
Attempting to launch a national pro wrestling show may be one of the more daunting exercises that any company can endure in this marketplace.
Foodie Idea: Use JR's Chipotle Ketchup for your meat loaf recipes. Warmup a small portion to use as a sweet and spicy steak sauce. One more, JR's All Purpose Seasoning is effective for stove top cooking as well as the grill and even is a great tag team partner for popcorn.
Causally chatting with @JerryLawler about the two of us teaming on some stage shows in 2018 which would produce some awesome Q&A's. I hope that it happens.
We're on both Facebook and Instragram at JimRossBBQ. Look forward to seeing many of you this week in Chicagoland and in Pittsburgh where I will join Mark Madden on his big time radio show on Thursday afternoon.
Jeff Jarrett to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2018
Four-time WCW World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett is the latest inductee announced for the WWE H... Read More
- Rumors and reports of Jeff Jarrett going into WWE Hall of Fame surface
- Tulsa judge marries dozens of couples on Valentine's Day
- New Witness? Man Claims to Have Seen "Boys on the Tracks" Murders
- Ric Flair calls out Ronda Rousey: fight my daughter!
NEWS With the new Andre the Giant HBO documentary premiering on April 10th, just two days after WrestleMania 34, [url=http://www.pwinsider.com]PWInsider.... Read More
WWE legend Jim Ross on Royal Rumble, the Eagles, the success of his book, and more
In what will prove to be one of the most electric weekends of the year in the city of Ph... Read More
- Tim Storm: The Shindigmusic Interview
- Tim Storm: NWA’s Top Man
- NWA Champion Tim Storm on Working With Billy Corgan, Future of the Company
- Ric Flair Ain't Dead Yet
Spotlight in History
- 2007 Luscious Larry became the SWCW Heavyweight Champion
- 2017 Korvin Sage def. Xavior for the MSWA Mid-South Cruiserweight Champion
- 2017 Prince Mahalli def. Buster Cherry for the MSWA Mid-South Heavyweight Champion
Week of Sun 02-18 to Sat: 02-24
- 02-18 1971 Pepper Gomez def. Johnny Valentine for the WCCW Texas Heavyweight Champion
- 02-18 1995 The Southern Express (Scott Summers & The Tennessee Rebel) became the WWEmp Tag Team Champions
- 02-18 1995 The Texas Outlaws (Bobby Burns & Dan Wilder) def. The Southern Express for the WWEmp Tag Team Champions
- 02-18 2006 Ryan Davidson def. Tyler Bateman for the IZW Impact Division Champion
- 02-18 2012 Steven Sterling def. Brandon Walker for the ComPro Showtime Champion
- 02-18 2012 The Franchise Players (Rick Russo & Les Mayne) def. X-Rated (Kevin James Sanchez & David Kyzer) for the SWCW Tag Team Champions
- 02-18 2012 Nemesis (Damien Morte & Rage Logan) def. The Old School Suckas (Gary Tool and Randy Price) for the IZW Tag Team Champions
- 02-18 2012 Chris Von Luhr def. Danger Dean for the ACW Heavyweight Champion
- 02-18 2018 Brock Landers def. Tyson Jaymes for the ASP Mid-American Champion
- 02-18 2018 Double D def. Brock Landers for the ASP 5-Star Champion
- 02-18 2018 O'Brien def. Tristan Thorne for the ASP Heavyweight Champion
- 02-19 2005 John O'Malley def. Tyler Bateman for the MSWA Tri-State Champion
- 02-19 2006 AWOL def. Ryan Davidson for the MSWA Tri-State Champion
- 02-19 2006 Carnage def. Chaz Sharpe for the ACW Hardcore Champion
- 02-19 2006 Angel Williams became the MSWA Mid-South Heavyweight Champion
- 02-19 2010 Carnage def. Li'l Joe for the GPCW Wichita Mountains Champion
- 02-19 2011 Shane Morbid became the BYEW Heavyweight Champion
- 02-19 2011 The New Age Syndicate (Scott Sanders & Shawn Sanders) became the BYEW Tag Team Champions
- 02-19 2011 Rick Russo def. Damien Morte for the SWCW Hardcore Champion
- 02-19 2011 David Kyzer def. Rage Logan for the SWCW Cruiserweight Champion
- 02-19 2011 Nafarious def. Justin Toxicated for the XMW Suicide Champion
- 02-19 2011 Max McGuirk became the BYEW Caution Champion
- 02-19 2011 Tim Rockwell def. Max McGuirk for the BYEW Caution Champion
- 02-19 2012 Nemesis (Damien Morte & Rage Logan) def. The Syndicate (Scott Sanders & Shawn Sanders) for the BYEW Tag Team Champions
- 02-20 1959 Ivan the Terrible def. Angelo Savoldi for the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion
- 02-20 1973 The Hollywood Blondes (Jerry Brown & Buddy Roberts) def. Dennis Stamp & Bull Bullinski for the TSW United States Tag Team Champion
- 02-20 1984 Kelly Kiniski def. King Parsons for the WCCW Television Champion
- 02-20 1986 Rick Rude became the WCCW World Champion
- 02-20 1999 Rocco Valentino def. Red Eagle for the OPW Oklahoma Heavyweight Champion
- 02-20 1999 The East-West Express (J.J. Mustang & Joey Steiner) def. The Sin City Assassins (Vito Casanova & Jack O'Toole) for the OPW Oklahoma Tag Team Champion
- 02-20 2004 The Prophet def. Luc Lapointe for the SRPW Boys and Girls Club Champion
- 02-20 2004 Mitch Carter def. Deuce Rodriguez for the TPW Light Heavyweight Champion
- 02-20 2005 Brandon Bishop & John Zorthos def. Matt Garza & Mr. Brown for the ACW Tag Team Champions
- 02-20 2009 Jon Cross def. Tim Rockwell for the TAP Oklahoma Heritage Champion
- 02-20 2010 Excellence Personified (Jack Legacy & Se7en) def. Legion 13 (Dutch Hagen & Jesus Rodriguez) for the ComPro Tag Team Champions
- 02-20 2010 Tommy Dreamer def. Shane Douglas for the UCW Heavyweight Champion
- 02-21 1965 Karl Kox def. Bull Curry for the WCCW Texas Brass Knuckles Champion
- 02-21 1967 The Von Erichs (Fritz Von Erich & Waldo Von Erich) def. Al Costello & Karl Von Brauner for the WCCW American Tag Team Champion
- 02-21 1998 Body Count (Brett Knight & Krull Danzig) def. Generation X (Ian St. James & Zane Morris) for the OPW Oklahoma Tag Team Champion
- 02-21 2015 Matt Majestic def. Paul Puertorico for the ComPro Oklahoma X Division Champion
- 02-22 1971 Fritz Von Erich def. Toru Tanaka for the WCCW American Heavyweight Champion
- 02-22 1978 Ray Candy & Steven Little Bear def. The Brute & Dr. X for the TSW United States Tag Team Champion
- 02-22 2014 Mountain Made (Terry Montana & American Made) def. The Brotherhood of Mayhem (Malice & Menace 2nd) for the OWA Tag Team Champions
- 02-23 1971 Toru Tanaka def. Fritz Von Erich for the WCCW American Heavyweight Champion
- 02-23 1986 Dick Slater def. Jake Roberts for the MSW North American Heavyweight Champion
- 02-24 2007 Luscious Larry became the SWCW Heavyweight Champion
- 02-24 2017 Korvin Sage def. Xavior for the MSWA Mid-South Cruiserweight Champion
- 02-24 2017 Prince Mahalli def. Buster Cherry for the MSWA Mid-South Heavyweight Champion
- Brent McKenzie Feb 24th Today!
- Ric Flair Feb 25th
- Gene Valdez Feb 25th
- Mark Lewin Feb 26th
- Cameron Cole Feb 26th
- Evan Newcastle Feb 26th
- Wesley Crane Feb 27th
- Rick Styles Feb 27th
- Grenade Feb 27th
- Lance Hoyt Feb 28th
- J. R. Orullian Feb 28th
- Otis Clingman Feb 28th
- Missing Link Feb 28th
- Angel Medina Feb 28th
- Al Madril Feb 29th
- Willy D Mar 2nd
- Mike Von Erich Mar 2nd
- Bobby Fields Mar 3rd
- El Latino Mar 3rd
- Christopher Fury Mar 3rd
- Femme O'Lition Mar 4th
- Bad Boy Brown Mar 4th
- Lorraine Johnson Mar 4th
- Big Heart Mar 5th
- Max Wyld Mar 5th
- Chaz Taylor Mar 5th
- Killer Khan Mar 6th
- Tommy 3 Count Mar 6th
- Chick Donovan Mar 7th
- Nikki Knight Mar 7th
- Bruce Prichard Mar 7th
- Balk Estes Mar 8th
- Skylar Slice Mar 8th
- Brandon Barricade Mar 9th
- Nikita Koloff Mar 9th
- Rick Steiner Mar 9th
- Tor Kamata Mar 9th
Dewey Robertson began his career as The Missing Link in what federation?