JR's Blog: New, JR's Blog, Crazy Schedule Approaches, @McGuinessNigel @zaniesrosemont, Okada-Shibata, RKO-Mahal @RoderickStrong
Posted: May 11th 2017 By: Jim Ross
Hello from Norman, Oklahoma and thanks for visiting our site. We have a compelling new Ross Report live right now with @PatLaprade joining me for the first time to talk about his new book 'Sisterhood of the Squared Circle.' Please check it out and leave us a comment and a five star rating at @ApplePodcasts.
Getting excited about my upcoming schedule that includes a trip to LA for AXSTV to voice over seven more NJPW shows, a flight from LAX to NYC for WWE to voice over the most recent U.K. content from Norwich, England and then on to Chicago for media on Friday and our RINGSIDE Show at Zanies in Rosemont on Sunday May 21 at 2 pm before Backlash at the All State Arena which is only three miles away from Zanies.
One of the matches for NJPW is the much ballyhooed match between Kazuchika Okada vs Katsuyori Shibata which I can;t wait to sink my teeth into.
General Admission tickets for our Zanies show are available at www.ticketfly.com for only $25. Love for you to join @JeremyBorash and me in Chicagoland before @WWE Backlash and our show wil lbe over by approximately 3:30 which gives one and all plenty of time to get to the All State Arena for that night's big event. VIP tickets for our pre show meet/greet sold out the first morning that tickets went on sale.
Watching both RAW and SD Live from London this week reminded me of a great, HBK vs Cena match on RAW in April 2007 which still stands out to this day as one of the best matches ever on RAW TV.
Anyone else growing weary from trying to avoid the incessant postings of "Spoilers" that has permeated the internet this week as it relates to WWE's TV tapings in London? I get that everyone is trying to scoop the other but I'm simply not a fan of "Spoilers."
We recorded a terrific conversation Monday night for next week's Ross Report podcast with @RoderickStrong that you are going to love. He talks about being trained by @ShawnMichaels, his transition to the WWE Performance Center and Roddy's own MT Rushmore of pro wresting. A new show drops every Tuesday night at 9 PM ET on www.podcastone.com, @ApplePodcasts and here on the homepage of our site.
Roddy Strong is one of the best talents in the world and his main roster debut is inevitable and I expect Strong to make an immediate impact in @WWE on either RAW or SD Live.
Strong build continues for Jinder Mahal as he prepares to main event against Randy Orton for the WWE Title at Backlash. I am enjoying this build for multiple reasons not the least being that it is a new match with a solid story behind it. There is no reason that this match should not deliver in a big way when these two meet.
Looking forward to hopefully watching Backlash live from the arena and am especially curious to see the Ziggler vs Nakamura bout that I expect to be spectacular.
The six man tag on SD Live delivered the way a show closing bout should and Mahal beating the champion in a tag match was timely and made sense.
A good thing that I see in the current WWE Title business is that several talents are being vocal about their desire to be WWE Champion. That is a storyline that should be a fixture more weeks than not on both RAW and SD Live.
Why wouldn't everyone the roster want to be their brand's top champ?
Very proud of Dave Batista for his post WWE career success and who debuted in WWE 15 years ago and was a member of arguably our of our greatest recruiting class when Dave joined John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Randy Orton, and Sheldon Benjamin in OVW in Louisville back in the day.
The feedback on the announcement that I will team with Nigel McGuinness on the broadcast team for the WWE U.K. content that was taped in Norwich last weekend has been stellar. I am truly excited to be a part of something new for me with a new partner and new bouts to call.These shows will be WWE Network specials and their airdates will be released soon. Nigel has excellent product knowledge and is keenly familiar with the British talents which will help our broadcast immensely. Can't wait to get started on this project.
VIP and General Admission tickets for our RINGSIDE Show on Thursday August 10 at 8 PM at the DC Improv are available at www.dcimprov.com. Join us!
Great to catch up with @SteveAustin this week for a few minutes and we plan on collaborating on a podcast in the future. Steve has done a helluva job developing his Broken Skull Challenge TV concept/brand for CMT.
The Q&A's elsewhere here on the site are updated.
Follow me on Twitter @JRsBBQ.
We are still receiving well wishes from around the Globe regarding my wife Jan's untimely and unnecessary death as a result of a vehicular accident on March 20 literally one minute from our home. This matter remains surreal to me and, as the Eagles sing, "This big old house gets lonely.." but I'm navigating this challenging journey as best that I can and your support has been a blessing.
There's no manual on grieving that I've seen but I can tell you that my many friends and fans have motivated me to stay busy and to continue to be productive while moving forward positively with my life.
My condolences go out to the Chris Berman family as @ESPN Berman's wife was killed in a car accident this week.
Good time to stock up on JR's delicious condiments including our BBQ sauces, Chipotle Ketchup Main Event Mustard and All Purpose Seasoning at www.wweshop.com and in Britain from www.americansoda.co.uk. Fast, home delivery awaits.
Thanks for stopping by and we hope to see you back again soon.
Be nice to others...
Why Ric Flair's Greatest Legacy Is His Daughter
For her first WrestleMania, Charlotte Flair brought a piece of her father. Not literally, of course. Just a shimmering... Read More
- GFW name nowhere to be seen on Bound For Glory press release
- Cody and Brandi Rhodes sound off on the returning Starrcade
- Wooooo! 'Second Nature' Is A Winningly Unadorned Memoir Of The Wrestling Life
- Review of Ric Flair/Charlotte Flair Biography
JR's Blog: Ross Report Podcast Honors Bobby "The Brain" Heenan w/Okerlund, Schiavone & Hurricane Helms, Pre Order 'SLOBBERKNOCKER' today at @Amazon, @LaughBoston, Lesnar Retains?
Greetings everyone and thanks for stopping by our site. No burning daylight here... Still shaken over the death of my long time friend and former broadcast partner Bobby Heenan this past Sunday after years of suffering and illness that drastically changed hi... Read More
- Fans Chant “That’s Too Far” During Racist WWE Promo
- Compound Pro Wrestling review (9-16-17)
- The Scoop
- Compound Pro Wrestling review (9-9-17)
GFW's Gail Kim On The Twilight Of Her Career, Sparking The Women's Wrestling Revolution
Long before the term “women’s revolution” became fashionable, Gail Kim wa... Read More
- Interview with Ryan Davidson
- Interview with Shawn Hendrix
- Interview with Terrale Tempo
- Al Snow: exclusive interview with the wrestling legend
Spotlight in History
- 2001 Justin Lee def. Dexter Hardaway for the OPW Oklahoma Light Heavyweight Champion
- 2001 Jenna Love became the OPW Oklahoma Womens Champion
- 2012 Crossfire Morrison def. Drake Gallows for the SWCW Hardcore Champion
- 2012 Kareem Sadat def. Crossfire Morrison for the SWCW Hardcore Champion
Week of Sun 09-17 to Sat: 09-23
- 09-17 1979 The Spoiler & Mark Lewin def. Kerry Von Erich & Bruiser Brody for the WCCW Texas Tag Team Champion
- 09-17 2004 Bobby Dalton def. Shane Morbid for the SRPW Hardcore Champion
- 09-17 2008 Michael Faith became the TCB Heavyweight Champion
- 09-17 2008 High Society (Al Farat & Thomas Trump) became the TCB Dual Kombat Champion
- 09-17 2008 Michael Faith became the TCBW Heavyweight Champion
- 09-17 2008 High Society (Al Farat & Thomas Trump) became the TCBW Dual Kombat Champion
- 09-17 2010 Dane Griffin def. Cody Jones for the NWA-OK Texoma Champion
- 09-17 2010 Aerial Assault (Ky-ote Joe & Montego Seeka) became the NWA-OK Oklahoma Tag Team Champion
- 09-17 2010 Michael Faith def. Dane Griffin for the NWA-OK Oklahoma Heavyweight Champion
- 09-17 2016 Mr. Nasty def. Brian Breaker for the UWE Heavyweight Champion
- 09-18 1967 Brute Bernard def. Bull Curry for the WCCW Texas Brass Knuckles Champion
- 09-18 2005 Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch def. The Hurricane & Rosey for the WWE RAW World Tag Team Champion
- 09-18 2005 Ric Flair def. Carlito for the WWE Intercontinental Champion
- 09-18 2015 Sons of Texas (Moonshine Mantell & Killer McKenzie) def. The Imperialists (Charlie Haas & Griffin) for the NWA-TXO Tag Team Champions
- 09-19 1979 Mike Sharpe, Jr. def. Mike George for the MSW Mississippi Champion
- 09-19 1982 David Von Erich def. Bill Irwin for the WCCW Texas Heavyweight Champion
- 09-19 1988 The Samoan SWAT Team (Samu & Fatu) def. Michael Hayes & Steve Cox for the WCCW World Tag Team Champion
- 09-19 2014 Simply Irresistible (Matthew Palmer & James Johnson) def. The Dark Circle (Mace Malone & Apoc) for the NWA-TXO Tag Team Champions
- 09-19 2015 Loaded Guns (Jon Cross & Brandon Walker) def. The Rising (Riker & Abel) for the UWE Tag Team Champions
- 09-19 2015 Brian Breaker def. Clint Cassidy for the UWE United States Champion
- 09-19 2015 Zakk Sinizter def. Anarchy 2nd for the UWE Heavyweight Champion
- 09-19 2015 Jon Cross became the WFC Heavyweight Champion
- 09-20 1978 Jose Lothario def. Assassin 1 for the TSW Louisiana Champion
- 09-20 1985 The Von Erichs (Kerry Von Erich & Kevin Von Erich) def. The Dynamic Duo (Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams) for the WCCW American Tag Team Champion
- 09-20 2008 Michael Barry def. Angel Williams for the IZW Heavyweight Champion
- 09-20 2008 New Canada (The Canadian Red Devil & The Canadian Luchadore) became the ComPro Tag Team Champions
- 09-20 2008 The Gentlemen Thugs (Cast-Iron Cothern & Shane Morbid) def. New Canada (The Canadian Red Devil & The Canadian Luchadore) for the ComPro Tag Team Champions
- 09-20 2009 Jermaine Johnson def. Ky-ote Joe for the MSWA Oklahoma Champion
- 09-20 2013 Mike Foxx def. Tim Storm for the NWA-TXO Heavyweight Champion
- 09-20 2013 Genesis (Carrion Arcane & Kristopher Haiden) def. The Rock Star Mafia (Dane Griffin & Armani) for the NWA-TXO Tag Team Champions
- 09-20 2013 The Rock Star Mafia (Dane Griffin & Armani) def. Genesis (Carrion Arcane & Kristopher Haiden) for the NWA-TXO Tag Team Champions
- 09-20 2014 Kevin Morgan & became the IZW Tag Team Champions
- 09-20 2014 Jordan Jacobs def. Drake Gallows for the IZW Impact Division Champion
- 09-20 2014 Claudia def. Bree Ann for the NWA-TXO Rose Champion
- 09-20 2014 The Brotherhood (Kyng Benjamin & Akuma Jones) def. A. C. Slaughter (Aaron Anders & Clint Cassidy) for the UWE Tag Team Champions
- 09-20 2014 Fuel def. Tim Rockwell for the UWE Heavyweight Champion
- 09-21 2002 Shadow of Death def. Terry Montana for the OCW Oklahoma Hardcore Champion
- 09-21 2012 Tim Storm became the NWA-TXO Heavyweight Champion
- 09-21 2012 Kyra Maya became the NWA-TXO Rose Champion
- 09-21 2013 Nasty Swag (Robert Lee & Ace Archuleta) became the UWE Tag Team Champions
- 09-22 2001 Justin Lee def. Dexter Hardaway for the OPW Oklahoma Light Heavyweight Champion
- 09-22 2001 Jenna Love became the OPW Oklahoma Womens Champion
- 09-22 2012 Crossfire Morrison def. Drake Gallows for the SWCW Hardcore Champion
- 09-22 2012 Kareem Sadat def. Crossfire Morrison for the SWCW Hardcore Champion
- 09-23 1974 Tex McKenzie & Johnny Valentine def. The Blackjacks (Blackjack Mulligan & Blackjack Lanza) for the WCCW American Tag Team Champion
- 09-23 1975 Jose Lothario def. Billy Graham for the WCCW Texas Brass Knuckles Champion
- 09-23 2000 Grenade def. Ichiban 2nd for the OPW Oklahoma Light Heavyweight Champion
- 09-23 2016 Xavior became the MSWA Mid-South Cruiserweight Champion
- 09-23 2016 Nikki Knight def. Skylar Slice for the MSWA Ladies Champion
- 09-23 2016 Psycho Mike def. Brock Landers for the MSWA Oklahoma Champion
- Harley D Sep 22nd Today!
- Doug Somers Sep 22nd Today!
- O'Malley Sep 23rd
- Rocco Valentino Sep 23rd
- Cole Crittenden Sep 23rd
- Connor Crunk Sep 24th
- Tristan Thorne Sep 24th
- Jason Bruce Sep 24th
- Joe Jones Sep 24th
- Skyler Fayden Sep 24th
- Angel [2nd] Sep 25th
- Chief Mike Sep 25th
- Jimmy Garvin Sep 25th
- David Sammartino Sep 26th
- Chris Matthews Sep 26th
- Angel Camacho Sep 27th
- Alec Bisogno Sep 27th
- Billy Ray [2nd] Sep 28th
- Scott Lee Sep 28th
- Kamille Sep 28th
- Skandar Akbar Sep 29th
- Ann Casey Sep 29th
- Seth Coburn Sep 30th
- Raymon Downey Sep 30th
- Dredd Sep 30th
- Lady Starwind Sep 30th
- Hector Guerrero Oct 1st
- Cold Blooded Chris Oct 2nd
- Barbi Hayden Oct 2nd
- Mike Foxx Oct 2nd
- Waldo Von Erich Oct 2nd
- Don Fargo Oct 3rd
- Jay Strongbow, Sr. Oct 4th
- Dick Hutton Oct 4th
- Bobby Fulton Oct 4th
Rocco Valentino was the 1st ever OPW Oklahoma Champion.