Hip Hip Hooray!
Posted: Feb 2nd 2017 By: Mick Foley
I am cleared for hip surgery! It took a couple months, but I was able to get my health insurance back, and I'll be getting my right hip replaced whenever I have a break in my schedule. The bad news is that a hip replacement will not allow me to fly for about six weeks, due to potential blood clotting issues – which can be fatal. Really nothing to play around with. The good news is that the GM position doesn't offer much in the way of long-term job security – so that break might present itself as a natural course of events.
It turns out that dropping elbows off of ring aprons was not particularly good for my skeletal structure. While I defied the expectations of some wrestlers who predicted I would be in a wheelchair by the time I was 40, I certainly was having trouble getting around by the time I hit 50. While losing 100 pounds, and practicing DDP Yoga have been game-changers that have allowed me the opportunity to take on this job with all the travel it involves, I'm still having a difficult time getting around. I did not realize how noticeable my limping was until I watched these past Holy Foley episodes. You do remember what the Godfather told us about limping, right? It ain't easy!
Thank you for all your well-wishes. They are much appreciated. I have talked to several people who have had this operation, and they say it is like night and day. With one operation, long-term pain can give way to a much better quality of life. Hopefully that will be the case for me.
I will be keeping all of my scheduled bookings, including my appearance FEBRUARY 17-19 at the #PENSACON in #PENSACOLA.
Have a nice day!
Tetsuo 'Mr. Pogo' Sekigawa Passes Away At 66 Years Old
Tetsuo Sekigawa, best known as Mr. Pogo, one of the faces of death match wrestling, passed away early Frid... Read More
- Mahalli Becomes Dual Champion! Can He Make It A Three-Peat This Saturday?
- The Sins of the Past Continue To Haunt The Devil
- With or without a mask, wrestling great Bill Eadie was true superstar
- Revitalized Legion Wants To Ascend To Tag Team Superiority Again
JR's Blog: JR's MITB Thoughts, @DCImprov, @GothamComedy, Ross Report News, Let's Grill, @Headlockhunger
Greetings to all and thanks for paying us a visit. ... Read More
- The Scoop
- JR's Blog: RINGSIDE Coming to NYC! Exclusive NJPW/AXSTV Info, Brock-Joe, Headlock on Hunger, @DCImprov
- The Scoop
- JR's Blog: @MsCharlotteWWE, @OU_Softball, RINGSIDE @DCImprov, Sunny to Ross Report, SLOBBERKNOCKER #1 Amazon Pre Orders
Q&A: IMPACT Wrestling Hall of Famer Gail Kim
WWE gets a lot of credit for the shift in the presentation of its women's wrestling from "eye candy" fille... Read More
- Ask A Worker: Riker
- WWE Champion Jinder Mahal opens up on his life-changing diet and workout regimen
- Representing India is a great responsibility: WWE champion Jinder Mahal
- Jinder Mahal speaks about his WWE Championship match at Backlash, his insane physical transformation, his Indian heritage and more
Why didn't you vote in the Oklafan Year End Polls?