Hip Hip Hooray!
Posted: Feb 2nd 2017 By: Mick Foley
I am cleared for hip surgery! It took a couple months, but I was able to get my health insurance back, and I'll be getting my right hip replaced whenever I have a break in my schedule. The bad news is that a hip replacement will not allow me to fly for about six weeks, due to potential blood clotting issues – which can be fatal. Really nothing to play around with. The good news is that the GM position doesn't offer much in the way of long-term job security – so that break might present itself as a natural course of events.
It turns out that dropping elbows off of ring aprons was not particularly good for my skeletal structure. While I defied the expectations of some wrestlers who predicted I would be in a wheelchair by the time I was 40, I certainly was having trouble getting around by the time I hit 50. While losing 100 pounds, and practicing DDP Yoga have been game-changers that have allowed me the opportunity to take on this job with all the travel it involves, I'm still having a difficult time getting around. I did not realize how noticeable my limping was until I watched these past Holy Foley episodes. You do remember what the Godfather told us about limping, right? It ain't easy!
Thank you for all your well-wishes. They are much appreciated. I have talked to several people who have had this operation, and they say it is like night and day. With one operation, long-term pain can give way to a much better quality of life. Hopefully that will be the case for me.
I will be keeping all of my scheduled bookings, including my appearance FEBRUARY 17-19 at the #PENSACON in #PENSACOLA.
Have a nice day!
'Bruiser' Bob Sweetan dies at 76 years old
"Bruiser" Bob Sweetan, known as Mr. Piledriver as the babyface star of Southwest Championship Wrestling and ... Read More
- Canadian Wrestling's Elite eight anniversary tour to be headlined by "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff
- Bruce Prichard on the nWo creating backstage tension in WWE
- Jeff Jarrett And The Ressurection Of Impact Wrestling
- Wrestling's Chavo Guerrero Sr. was a true classic
JR's Blog: "Friends" list & New,Format of RINGSIDE w/ Jim Ross & Friends Orlando Shows, ITV in LA, @FightOwensFight Steals Show at RAW, Alexa Bliss Best Female in WWE? SD Live 'Draw' Controversy, Mildred Burke Film
Thanks for stopping by our site and please consider bookmarking it and even telling a friend about us. We've updated the Q&A's elsewhere here on the site plus you can catch our latest Podcast with @Ryback22 ... Read More
- JR's Blog: Congrats DDP!, @Ryback22, Teddy & HBK to Ross Report Podcast, New, RINGSIDE Show Debuts in Orlando, World of Sport, @GrishamMMA
- JR's Blog: RIP George 'The Animal' Steele and Nicole Bass, WM/Orlando RINGSIDE Shows Update, HBK & Teddy Long Both Headed to Ross Report Podcast
- The Scoop
- JR's Blog: Todd Grisham on Ross Report, WCPW, ITV/WOS Update, Bray Wyatt, Angle-Alberto, Teddy Long HOFER!
The Arrogant Atheist Speaks: An interview with Dalton Bragg
This past week I had the opportunity to do a quick interview session with Dalton Bragg, the bombastic American ... Read More
- Yalli Sapphire Interview
- AJ Styles speaks on his WWE success, working with John Cena, the Atlanta Falcons and more
- AJ Styles on the Royal Rumble, part-timers, and John Cena’s place in WWE history
- Bill Goldberg is back at home in WWE as 'Royal Rumble' approaches
- MSWA · Feb 24th 2017 · Oklahoma City
- MSWA · Feb 22nd 2017 · Oklahoma City
- BPPW · Feb 18th 2017 · Sapulpa
- ComPro · Feb 18th 2017 · Tulsa
- ASP · Feb 18th 2017 · Warr Acres
- IZW · Feb 18th 2017 · Lawton
- MSWA · Feb 15th 2017 · Oklahoma City
- MSWA · Feb 12th 2017 · Oklahoma City
- NAW · Feb 11th 2017 · Chewey
- ComPro · Feb 11th 2017 · Tulsa