Hip Hip Hooray!
Posted: Feb 2nd 2017 By: Mick Foley
I am cleared for hip surgery! It took a couple months, but I was able to get my health insurance back, and I'll be getting my right hip replaced whenever I have a break in my schedule. The bad news is that a hip replacement will not allow me to fly for about six weeks, due to potential blood clotting issues – which can be fatal. Really nothing to play around with. The good news is that the GM position doesn't offer much in the way of long-term job security – so that break might present itself as a natural course of events.
It turns out that dropping elbows off of ring aprons was not particularly good for my skeletal structure. While I defied the expectations of some wrestlers who predicted I would be in a wheelchair by the time I was 40, I certainly was having trouble getting around by the time I hit 50. While losing 100 pounds, and practicing DDP Yoga have been game-changers that have allowed me the opportunity to take on this job with all the travel it involves, I'm still having a difficult time getting around. I did not realize how noticeable my limping was until I watched these past Holy Foley episodes. You do remember what the Godfather told us about limping, right? It ain't easy!
Thank you for all your well-wishes. They are much appreciated. I have talked to several people who have had this operation, and they say it is like night and day. With one operation, long-term pain can give way to a much better quality of life. Hopefully that will be the case for me.
I will be keeping all of my scheduled bookings, including my appearance FEBRUARY 17-19 at the #PENSACON in #PENSACOLA.
Have a nice day!
Ric Flair sues ex-manager, you stole my '30 for 30' money
Ric Flair claims he was supposed to pocket $25,000 for the ESPN "30 for 30" special on his li... Read More
- Greg Valentine To Receive a 2018 Men’s Wrestling Award
- Former interim mayor, professional wrestler ‘Wild Red’ Berry honored at city meeting
- Ex-WWE world champion Jack Swagger signs with Bellator MMA as heavyweight
- Ric Flair’s “30 For 30”: A Sad Story of a Lonely Man
Looking back on Charlotte's pro wrestling history
I heard from a lot of readers last week about ESPN’s 30 for 30 Ric Flair biopic, and about an interview I did with F... Read More
- Kelsey King -- Royally Cursed: Introduction To The King pt. 2
- Kelsey King — Royally Cursed:. Introduction To The King
- The Scoop
- Fame and fortune came at a high cost for 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
Tim Storm: NWA’s Top Man
On Sunday, November 12th, NWA World Heavyweight Champion Tim Storm successfully defended his belt against a worthy competitor, Nick Aldis, a 14... Read More
- NWA Champion Tim Storm on Working With Billy Corgan, Future of the Company
- Ric Flair Ain't Dead Yet
- Ted DiBiase Reveals Price of Fame
- WWE 2K18’s Sting reveals ‘dream match’ conversation with Undertaker
Cowboy Bill Watts is a former Mid-South North American Champion.